Thursday 21 December 2017

GETTING STUCK

What do you do when creativity just seems to have flown.
I tried doing something silly and found that it opened the gate.

Stuck 
I want to write a poem
but the words won't come.

 I want to sing an aria
but I can't raise a hum.

 I want to play a sonata
but I can't even strum.

 I want to achieve so much
but, right now, I just feel numb.

 
Punululu followed.
                                Purnululu 
Russet domes above an arid grassland,
beehives of sandstone
left by an ancient stream.

Alternating bands of black and ochre
from bacteria
in antiquity.

Vernacular "Karjaganujaru" -
"sand falling away" -
such apt description.

Known only by indigenous owners
for generations
a hidden secret.

Frog, brolga, echidna and cockatoo,
living dreaming tales
from antiquity.

But now public, "World Heritage" listed,
for posterity
and preservation.

"Purnululu" the name we now call you,
traveling from far
across our vast land.

"Purnululu" now the experience
of a pilgrimage
to a wonderland.


No comments:

Post a Comment